Thursday, August 21, 2014

Chile Nachos

This was such a fun challenge for me. I was paired with my fellow 37 cook Gary Gee and he sent such a fabulous Texas selection for me to try. To be honest, I almost ate everything, I couldn't stop sampling! One of my favorite things in the world is nachos and when I saw my surprise, I just had to make them.

Chile Nachos
by Christine

Oil for frying
4 corn tortillas
1 1/2 cups cheddar jack cheese, shredded
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
1 4 ounce can Hatch chiles, chopped, save juice
2 Tablespoons cilantro 
Hot sauce
2 limes, cut into quarters
Guacamole
Black bean dip
Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat 1/2 inch oil in a frying pan. Place a tortilla in the oil for about 20 seconds to lightly brown. Flip tortilla and using a pair of tongs, start to bend sides up to make a bowl shape.

Fry until golden brown and crisp, about a minute. Drain on paper towels while the remaining tortillas are being made. Place fried tortillas on a baking sheet and divide the cheddar jack, Parmesan and chiles between each tortilla. Bake until cheese is melted to your liking. Sprinkle with the cilantro, 4 or 5 shakes of hot sauce, a drizzle of the reserved chile juice and a squirt of lime. Serve with a lime slice, guacamole and black bean dip on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment